The Alfred Pain Symposium
Opioids friends or Foe Updates on the clinical conundrum
- Illustrate an understanding that facilitates skillful and safe management of opioid therapy.
- Illustrate an understanding of new analgesic and nonanalgesic agents, so as to appreciate their role in providing multimodal analgesia.
- Identify behaviours that may exacerbate and perpetuate pain and have an effective plan for management.
- Effectively plan and execute multidisciplinary management for a patient with complex biopsychosocial pain.
- Differentiate causes for pain syndromes such as headache and back pain to allow better formulation of therapy.
- Interactive Case based Clinical Discussions with the aim to stimulate GP audience input.
- Dr. Kerry Mclaughlin
- Dr. Mir Wais Sekandarzad
40 Category 1 CPD points have been approved for this event by the RACGP
What date is the course?
Saturday 27 October 2018, 8 am to 4 pm
Where is the course held?
Monash lecture theatre, Central Clinical School,
Level 5, The Alfred Centre,
99 Commercial Road,
Melbourne, VIC 3004
What is the cost?
- $220 $180 for Fellows / Consultants
- $160 $120 for Trainee / Nurse / Other
- Morning tea and lunch provided
Early bird special rates expire 31 Aug 2018
- Up to four weeks before the Course
- 100% Refund
- Two to four weeks before the Course
- 50% Refund
- Less than two weeks before the Course
- No Refund