The Alfred Pain Symposium
Opioids friends or Foe Updates on the clinical conundrum
What date is the course?
Saturday 27 October 2018, 8 am to 3.30 pm
Where is the course held?
Monash lecture theatre, Central Clinical School,
Level 5, The Alfred Centre,
99 Commercial Road,
Melbourne, VIC 3004
Please use Lift B
Anyone who is interested in Pain Medicine can register for this course.
- Illustrate an understanding that facilitates skillful and safe management of opioid therapy.
- Illustrate an understanding of new analgesic and nonanalgesic agents, so as to appreciate their role in providing multimodal analgesia.
- Identify behaviours that may exacerbate and perpetuate pain and have an effective plan for management.
- Effectively plan and execute multidisciplinary management for a patient with complex biopsychosocial pain.
- Differentiate causes for pain syndromes such as headache and back pain to allow better formulation of therapy.
40 Category 1 CPD points have been approved for this event by the RACGP
- Dr. Kerry Mclaughlin
- Dr. Mir Wais Sekandarzad
Reduce your opioid use for non-cancer pain
- Chair Dr Chris Woodgate
- Chronic back pain Dr Carolyn Arnold
- Non opioid analgesia Dr Alex Konstantatos
Improve the safety of opioid prescribing for chronic non cancer pain
- Chair Dr Weiss Selandarzad
- Managing opioid medication in the community Dr Chris Woodgate
- Epidemic of prescription opioid use Dr Kerry McLaughlin
Challenging behaviours to reduce opioid associated risk
- Chair Dr Alex Konstantatos
- Opioids and addiction Ms Megan McKechnie
- Pain related agendas from a psychiatry perspective Dr Evan Symons
- Interactive Case based Clinical Discussions.
What is the cost?
- $220 for Fellows / Consultants
- $160 for Trainee / Nurse / Other
- Morning tea and lunch provided
- Up to four weeks before the Course
- 100% Refund
- Two to four weeks before the Course
- 50% Refund
- Less than two weeks before the Course
- No Refund